Advanced Blacksmithing Classes
Successful Completion of Blacksmithing 101 is the prerequisite for Vista Forge CBA Level 1 Classes.
Level 1, 2, 3 & Open Forge - $20 coal fee. May be paid cash at the door or purchased in the museum gift shop.
Both Saturday and Sunday of the first full weekend of the month 9am-3pm (come for one or both days).
Fourth Thursday of EVERY month from 4pm-8:30pm.
- Level 1 is a series of 12 projects that guide you through 15 different skills.
- Some of the skills include scrolling, tapering, forge-welding and heat treating.
- Must have completed Blacksmithing 101 or Youth Paired Blacksmithing satisfactorily and secured instructor's recommendation to be eligible.
- Required textbook is available at the Welcome Center (Museum Gift Shop/Office).
- Fee: $20 - Pay cash at the door or pre-purchase vouchers at the Welcome Center.
Second Saturday of the month 9am-3pm in the Big Barn.
Second Saturday of the month 9am-3pm in the Metals Arts Building.
Available to current museum members who have completed Blacksmithing 101 or Youth Paired. Available any day that a class is held at the forge. Check in with an instructor upon arrival.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
2023 Blacksmithing Level 1 Schedule
Saturday Level 1 Classes 9am-3pm - First Saturday of the month
June 3rd Leaf Key Ring
July 1st 3-Corner Trivet
August 5th Butterfly Hinge
September 2nd Folding Campfire Trivet
October 7th Door Pull
November 4th Fire Poker with Heart Handle
December 2nd Heart Wall Hook
Sunday Level 1 Classes 9am-3pm - Day after first Saturday of the month
June 4th Door Pull
July 2nd Hot Cut Chisels
August 6th Heart Shaped Trivet
September 3rd Spring Fuller
October 8th Letter Opener
November 5th Anvil Hold-Down Tool
December 3rd Leaf Key Ring
Thursday Level 1 Classes 4pm-8:30pm - Fourth Thursday of the month
May 25th Door Pull
June 22nd Fire Poker with Heart Handle
July 27th Heart Wall Hook
August 24th Hot Cut Chisels
September 28th Heart Shaped Trivet
October 26th Spring Fuller
November NO CLASS
December NO CLASS